Social media has a low cost of entry but the time to create and manage content quickly adds up. Here is a resource of digital recipes to help reduce the timely tasks in your social media content workflow. Visit the IFTTT website and choose from many digital recipes that can help automate steps in your workflow. IFTTT stands for “If This, Then That”. The recipes contain triggers and actions for several social media channels and WordPress scenarios.
I’ve curated a list of ready-made recipes you may want to try:
- Backup new photos you post on Facebook to Dropbox
- Post your Tweets to Facebook when you use a specific hashtag
- Share new photos added to an iPhone album to Facebook
- Post new Instagram photos to a Facebook Page album
- Share Facebook Page posts on your WordPress blog
- Send photo upload on Facebook Page to Twitter (w/image)
- Post photos you upload to a Facebook Page album to a Pinterest board when you include a #hashtag
- Tweet your Instagrams as native photos on Twitter
- Automatically share new Instagram videos to Twitter
- Automatically save every Tweet you post to a Google spreadsheet
- Cross-post your Tweets to LinkedIn when you include the hashtag #in
- Share new WordPress posts on a Facebook Page
- Automatically add users who @mention you to a Twitter list
- Automatically send a Tweet to thank new Twitter followers
Mix triggers and actions to create your own recipe. There is no cost to use these recipes so have fun experimenting.
The recipes aren’t limited to social media channels and WordPress. If you want to go further, there are many other recipes that automate different business tools, services or even programmable lights. How about changing the color of your lights or dimming them each time your organization is mentioned on Twitter?
Untangle yourself from the multitude of tasks involved in online marketing. Consider automating your tasks this year and you’ll gain time for more strategic planning.